Monday 25 May 2015

Monday Mural - Bastakiya


I was not able to post regularly last two weeks. at first I had visitors, then I was busy again. Finally I am back with another mural by Ruben Sanchez. It is located in Al Bastakiya.  Al Bastakiya is one of oldest area in Dubai dates back to 1890s. You can see the short history from the wikipedia page.
From the first year i arrive in dubai, I always enjoy spending time at bastakiya. Each year its getting better and better. right now there are many local shops who are selling local art pieces, paints, jewellery, some small gifts. There are also some galleries.
I saw this mural on several post at Instagram and since then I was planning to go there and spent some time. It is not so close to where i live and work. when I have visitors, it was a good reason to go there and show them around. They also enjoyed If you are planning to visit Dubai, Al Bastakiya should be in your to do list. I may post more pictures from this area later. First here we have graffiti for Monday Mural please check other murals all around the world.


8 comments:

  1. Good to see you are back again. I have missed your postings.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you Gunn, I also missed posting from here..

      Delete
  2. Rather unusual. Nice to see you back!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Replies
    1. I like his style, last couple of years we start to see more art pieces from him in Dubai. I know couple of more but couldn't take picture of them yet.

      Delete
  4. What a wonderful mural. I like it's stylized look.

    ReplyDelete