Tuesday 14 October 2014

Protection against Evil Eye


At the end of last week, I noticed these peppers and lemon in front of the car which is parking next to my parking lot at home.

First I thought someone is celebrating something. : )) I took a quick picture with my mobile and start to search the origin and meaning at the office.

In Dubai, we are lucky because we are working really international team. We had 10 different nationalities in a team of 11 people :)

Anyhow, I started to ask one by one, Do they familiar with that? What is this? Do they know the meaning? ect... I finally found the answer from one of my Indian colleagues.

once he saw the picture he started to laugh and explained that it is a protection against evil eye.

"People generally do this when they purchase something new. They want to protect from bad Eye and bad luck. "

I am not sure if the car is new or not.  I wish the owner have a safe drive with this car.

4 comments:

  1. That's the first time I've ever heard that notion.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Funny and instructive.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Okay, that is a new one to me too! I guess it's sort of like our St. Christopher's medal that some people hang in their cars. St. Christopher is supposed to be the patron saint of travelers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sharon,
      What I understand that they can hang this at the entrance of the house to protect it if they newly bought the house, or they can put at any other places which they would like to protect. for me it is similar with "nazar boncugu" which is very popular in Turkey and neighbourhood countries

      Delete