Saturday 17 January 2015

Anar Fruit


Yesterday I was invited for breakfast at newly opened restaurant, By chance I got two invitation for the same place, at the same time but from different friends. In those moments I think Dubai is not a big city. :)

I thought there is something important, somehow I should see it on Friday.

I was not wrong, after I had nice and long breakfast, on the way back, I noticed this tree.

Actually first I saw its flower. Even I recognised the flower I was not sure until I saw the fruits on it. I was not expecting to see pomegranate tree in Dubai. I grab my camera and try to take couple of pictures.

I really like the colour of its flower, in this picture you can see those small flowers on the up right side of the picture. Flowers became fruit like this,This fruit is not mature yet, It has to be in red colour.

This is also new to me, I didn't know that this tree can survive from deserted climate.

It is symbolize fertility and prosperity in Iran & Turkey, also it was known as "fruit of the dead" in Ancient Greek mythology.

It is considered to have originated in the region between the Himalayas and Egypt. It has been cultivated since ancient times. Today it is getting more famous and commercialized with vitamins & antioxidant content. You can read more about on Pomegranate from here.

I like the fruit and the juice but the pomegranate sauce is my favourite in all forms. it is good with salads even I use it while cooking.

If you are a foodie, you can give a try once on one of your salad. It will perfectly match with olive oil. afterwards you may use it more often :)




1 comment:

  1. I think I was first familiar with the fruit from Greek mythology, which fascinated me as a child, but I've never tasted it.

    ReplyDelete